Starting on May 30th Bethesda released a teaser trailer for a new game they call Fallout 76 with the date and time of their E3 show. Then after much anticipation and lots of theories, that day came, and we started to learn what Fallout 76 is.
Things we know about Fallout 76
- Todd Howard said Fallout 76 takes place before all the other fallout games and it is 4 times bigger than Fallout 4.
- Fallout 76 will take place in West Virginia and will draw upon local lore and legends to bring the game to life.
- Lots of new creatures.
- Fallout 76 has all new rendering, lighting and landscape technology to allow 16 times more detail. This also allows the ability to see weather systems across the map.
- Will be entirely online. No private games.
- Building mode like Fallout 4 but you can build where ever you want to.
- You can take over launch sites and fire nuclear weapons at your enemies.
- Release date is November 14th 2018.
- Fallout 76 will cost $59.99.
- There will be
Fallout 76 is Online
When Todd Howard announced this the E3 crowd erupted in cheers and at the same time I felt my heart sink. Thoughts of this being a Fallout MMO flooded my brain and I felt sad that the game was ruined for me. Living in an area with unstable internet at best maybe this would be a fallout game I would never be able to enjoy. But I guess we will see.
Todd Howard made a point to say you could play this game solo. But solo does not necessarily mean offline. He also said you would be playing in a world with dozens of players, not hundreds or thousands. So maybe that means some kind of matchmaking system.
Fallout 76 Has Micro-Transactions
There is no word of a monthly fee to play but the game will have microtransactions
Vault 76 Background Info
Vault 76 is one of the first Vaults to open and is said to be located somewhere in Washington D.C. It was also one of the few Vaults designed to work normally so the occupants could be used as a control group when compared to other Vaults. In case you did not know most Vaults were set up to run secret experiments on their inhabitants.
In Closing – I Hope I Can Play It
I am sad that this game is entirely online. With the way my internet randomly drops this may be a game I never get to play. And if Fallout 76 is a bandwidth hog I may not be able to afford to play. But There is still a lot of questions to be answered about how all this will work so I am holding out hope.
Below I have put some videos about the game.
The Making of Fallout 76
There is already a making of video and the game is not even out yet!